Joe Schiavoni’s Jobs Plan
Ohio should be leading the U.S. in job creation, but instead we have the third highest unemployment rate in the country. In August, Ohio retailers cut 2,700 jobs and companies in wholesale trade cut 2,000 jobs. Hiring in manufacturing has been substantially flat over the past year. As Governor, Joe will bring jobs back to Ohio. His comprehensive jobs plan is based on years of research, discussions with local leaders, and legislative efforts in the Statehouse.
Read more here: Joe Schiavoni’s Jobs Plan
As Governor, Joe Schiavoni will:
• Protect collective bargaining rights to ensure workers get paid a decent wage and are protected on the job.
• Invest in upgrades for our roads, bridges and sewage systems to create thousands of jobs right here in Ohio.
• Encourage new jobs in growing fields by supporting green tech and emerging industries.
• Train skilled workers with career tech education and union training programs.
• Support small businesses with targeted tax credits that add new jobs and make important upgrades.
• Make potential job sites build-ready by cleaning up blight.
• Raise the minimum wage to give more workers the ability to support their families.
• Protect existing Ohio jobs by ending tax credits to companies that go overseas.